Friday, December 31, 2010

This is it...

I can hardly believe it where did the year go? This is the last day of 2010... I am spending the day painting our TV room and then later going to a small early party then coming home to get in my pjs with the kids and my Mom and Sister to watch a movie and eat junk food to ring in 2011.

It has been a while since I blogged... so sorry... but we got a new house!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its been a long journey and some hard work but were in. I LOVE IT, its the most perfect house ever, its like someone was taking notes of everything Shawn and I talked about doing to our old house and put it in this one. Our furniture even fits perfectly, this is it! We moved in 4 days before Christmas and I had the whole down stairs unpacked and ready for Christmas Eve gathering to be out our house (I know I amaze myself sometimes!) Our first Christmas with the girls was awesome, J was sick but it was still momentous. Friends and Family spoiled them silly and they loved it, something I am sure A has never experienced. I took tons of pictures just need to edit them and then will post a few (only of A sorry no J) I missed Shawn terribly but he pulled out his Knight in Shinning Armor and was the perfect husband. The day before Christmas Eve he had 3 dozen roses delivered to the house, they are sooooo amazing!! I have never gotten that many at one time, they are beautiful! He coordinated with my sister who bought some presents and had them under the tree from him... I got a 16 bottle wine fridge whoo hooo cant wait to stock that puppy, he also got me from A a diamond bracelet that says I <3 U and there is a diamond in all the hearts, and then the best for last... I got the new Silhouette machine... I cant wait to get that to good use!

Since Christmas we have been busy trying to settle in, were about 75% unpacked and I am almost done with the last little bit of painting. We had bushes torn out, a pool fence put up, garages painted, light fixtures put up, common areas painted, carpets and tile cleaned... one day I had 3 different workers here it was pretty crazy. Now its just putting my touch on the place and I cant wait to finish and post before and afters, I have never been so in love with a house before it truly is a home and I'm bursting to fill it up with kids. We had our home inspection for our foster license/adoption process. Because we closed on the house a week late we may no longer be able to wrap up the adoption in Feb as planned but more like March or April. As long as it happens were patient but excited. As of right now it looks like we will be keeping J thru April/May time so she will be sharing her first birthday with us! If her Mom keeps up the good work she will be reunited with her family... bitter sweet. But we are licensed for 2 so as soon as the adoption goes through we may very well get a 2nd and see what happens with J, its all a process.

2011 is filled with so many good things...  J's 1st Birthday, A's 9th (1st with us) Birthday, my sis is turning 21, I am turning 30 (aahhh) Tyler is turning 18 and graduating High School (O, boy. watch out world) We will be going to OR to see his big moment! Shawn should be home on R&R some time and then home before the end of the year, Shawn's cousin Al is getting married so a small trip to CO for that big day will be in order (should be able to meet my twin nephews then!!) SO MANY exciting things and this is all just what we know... last year I had no idea I would become the Mom of 2 kids and get a new home or send Shawn off on another deployment... each and every day is an adventure and holds so much in a single moment. I look forward to reflecting on 2011 cause 2010 has been amazing and life is only getting started!! Happy New Year everyone! Be safe out there. (Stay tuned for new house pictures and Christmas pictures!) Love to all from the Adams clan.

No comments:

Post a Comment