Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas cards.... EVERYWHERE

It is one of those things that gets put on the list of having to do every year for Christmas. I am considering an alternative but with kids now I am not so sure. Everyone wants pictures of them and since they are children with a story everyone wants to know it. So, yet again I am working on our yearly Christmas letter, addressing envelopes and stuffing them with said letter and our family picture cards. On top of these 40+ cards I currently have 300 Christmas cards sitting on my kitchen table. Me and my giant heart Shawn would say, or my sister would say there I go trying to save the world again... last year I did a Christmas in July Christmas card drive at our church. I asked the congregation to bring in any un-used Christmas cards that would then be filled out by our young adults group and sent over seas to deployed soldiers. The church blew me away and I collected over 1,000 Christmas cards. We sent about 250 last year along with 250 empty ones in the same box so the soldiers could send some to there families back home. This year the congregation filled out 300 cards on two different Sundays in between services. I also got the Honors Society from my Alumni High School to fill out 150 which I will be picking up on Monday. Then I am headed to the post office to mail out 450 Christmas cards to our selfless troops over seas. I am so excited but it does put some weight on my to do list. More Christmas cards... I have to help my Mom fill out 50+ cards for my Army unit since she is the Family Readiness Group leader (FRG) for my unit and they do thing to support the troops and there families here and abroad. I some how became the FRG leader of Shawn's unit so I have ANOTHER 20+ Christmas cards to fill out for his guys. Dont get me wrong these are the things I love to do, just some times when you are in the middle of it all it can seem to be a tiny bit overwhelming. I am surprised I have not turned into a Christmas card at this point.

Baby "J" is gone all day for a visit with her family so I decided to make a break for it and run a marathon of errands. Its so much easier to do with out a baby in tow. It is still a bit sluggish for my liking since I did have to bring "A" she can be the pokiest 8 year old ever sometimes. But, mission was accomplished. I finished our angel tree gift shopping, I decided since baby "J's" family is living in a shelter with 2 small girls to get a bunch of things for them... almost like an unofficial adopt a family, so I finished up that shopping today too. Helped "A" finish her shopping, she saved up her money and wanted to buy something for my sister (her Nanny lol) baby "J" and me... what a good kid! I also did a little shopping for myself... had a stack of gift cards from my BA graduation from family and I decided to finally spend them! Now I am at home blogging when I should be doing Christmas card somethings, FRG stuff for Shawn (so he will stop bugging me about it), Army planning since I have drill on the 11th and I am the training NCO, and I have a GIANT pile of laundry to tackle. It never ends, no matter how hard I try. I am praying for a miracle cause I need to complete all these loose end projects so that I can finish packing cause if everything goes on schedule we will be moving in about a week. AHHHAHAH!! I think I can, I think I can....

I am considering, after the holidays, maybe running off to a remote island for a little while to do a whole lot of NOTHING!! That sounds so wonderful...

Hope everyone is enjoying there weekends. I do have to say how nice it is to be home on a Saturday I try really hard to make this happen. They are rare but I love them. I would so much rather be at home cleaning, or doing nothing that being out and about.

Be sure to keep an eye on my photography blog: todaytomorrowforeverphotography.blogspot.com
I have some posts coming up of "A" after we make it thru the move and Christmas. I also have the family session I did with adorable nephews coming up!! So, be sure to add our crazy life blog and the fun calming photography blog to your favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment