Monday, October 25, 2010

Really good weekend!!

The Adams family had a really good weekend, we wont be having any awesome weekends till Shawn is back home. But being a single parent I will take really good weekends over bad weekends. I personally did a whole lot of nothing and it felt really good, granted I am feeling a little behind and overwhelmed today but thats ok. "J" is feeling much better, super cranky though from being totally thrown off her schedule. Today has probably been more rough than when she was sick, but we will figure it out.

"A" had one of her best weekends yet, I think. She had one small incident but she worked through it pretty well with some guidance from me. At one point I said "Honey, I am not trying to be mean, I am just trying to teach you a lesson to help you make better choices next time." She replied with, "I know" and later on after a long silence spell she ended up saying "Mom, thank you for teaching me a lesson, I am never going to do that again." I had to chuckle but I did tell her she was welcome. When I tucked her in last night I told her I was really proud of how she ended up handling herself when she was sorta in trouble, and I told her to keep up the good work. She said, "Thanks, I will" It was for sure one of those moments where I knew we were doing something right. What 8 year old says Thank you for teaching me a lesson, seriously, I was beaming with pride. I feel like she really is going to blossom into an amazing girl and overcome her crappy past and do great things because she is with us and not in a rotten situation any more!! I am so confident that I am like, "Bring on the next kid, we will help as many as we can!" One of "A's" favorite movies is Cheaper by the Dozen... as crazy as it may sound sometimes I think... we could do that... other times I think no way. After this weekend I was leaning towards we can do that, but time will tell...

This week SHOULD be pretty calm. The girls have a couple in home visits, I have a stack of homework but will be going to my last Chemistry class this Thursday! As long as I pass it they will mail me BA that they let me walk for already!! I am doing a super crazy out of control happy dance once this Thursday is over, I have a feeling I am going to pull off a "C" and I am perfectly happy with that!! We hope to hear some kind of news on the new house this week, which would be perfect timing. I can switch from school mode to moving mode and get us all settled in during the next 3 months that I will be taking off from school. If it is meant to be it will happen! So I look forward to taking this week one day at a time. Saturday we are doing some volunteer work for church which I am really excited to expose "A" to and then Sunday is Halloween. We will be Trick or Treating with my 2 Nephews then coming back home to give out candy and maybe let "A" go out one more time with my sister. My Mom has been working really hard to make "A" an amazing dress (she is going to be a vampire) its a period dress which we picked so that she can wear it to the Renaissance Festival in February, which is a huge family tradition to go all dressed up. Something else I am looking forward to exposing "A" to, she is going to do and see so many things with us, she will be a very well rounded young lady some day!

I am off to catch up on laundry which seems to never end with two kids now, and tidy up some other things in the house, maybe do a little packing to....

No comments:

Post a Comment