Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happy Halloween!

You read correctly, Happy Halloween! As a soldier deployed it is highly likely you will be participating in what is called the holiday gauntlet. Oct-Halloween, Nov-Thanksgiving, Dec-Christmas, Jan-New Years, Feb-Valentines, Mar-St. Patty's... Shawn is going to be going through this gauntlet soon. No matter how many times you do it its never easy. So, this time around I thought it would be cool to celebrate a few early, with him, before he leaves. Today, we dusted off our Halloween decor and placed it around the bare house (I am still chugging away at packing) I am a cupcake fan but Shawn asked for a cake so I made one, we made Halloween cookies, we had candy corn. I decorated the table super festive, we had one of Shawn's favorite meals, Turkey and potatoes and cheesy asparagus. It turned out really well, my mom came over to celebrate with us and we sat and watched "Its a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown." Tomorrow we are going to carve a pumpkin. Not only did I think Shawn would enjoy celebrating Holidays early, but I thought it would be important to do this for A. This is the first Holidays with us and we have no way of knowing what her passed Holiday experiences were, so we want to give her a taste of our traditions and to re assure her of the family factor even though Shawn is leaving for a year.

This week is going to be insanely busy, we have several appointments for the girls. Many errands and appointments for Shawn to get him off for a year away from home with everything he needs and everything I may need without him here. Hopefully with my ability to juggle busy schedules and plan events as well as an obsession for ME time, we will have a good week... get everything accomplished, manage to relax and make some really great memories. This great weekend is a good sign that we can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment