Tuesday, October 19, 2010

One day at a time.

So, Vegas was a BLAST! We had a ton of fun on our first official family vacation. "A" got to see and do so many things she has never done before and was such a great experience just seeing her face or hearing her comments the whole trip. We stayed at the Golden Nugget in a suit for 2 nights and played in there newly renovated pool that has a shark tank in the middle of it, we ate pancakes at midnight one night, saw Freemont Street at night, the strip at night, and a Cirque show on Saturday night! It was a busy line up but we had a great time. We discovered (by accident) just how great having Grandparents come along on vacation can be. The Air Force Inn that Shawn had a room at informed us no kids when we went to check in so we put my Mom, her husband and "A" up in a hotel across the street from the base.... BRILLIANT!! We got to spend the day with them and "A" and at night we got alone, silent adult time together. We are completely sold on the whole idea of Grandparents on vacation and having a Nanny, I have never been so spoiled in all my life... Hollywood has it good! Now if I could just find myself an assistant we would really be rocking and rolling!! "A" went home with my Mom on Sunday afternoon so that Shawn and I could have our last day together, I had to watch him say goodbye to her and I started tearing up. He gave her a gift bag with stationary in it and a cool pen and said she needed to write him. She didn't shed a tear but only because she's experienced so many adults coming in and out of her life or she has no concept of how long a year really is, time will tell. I said my goodbyes to Shawn on Monday after I took him into work, I cried again... mind you not blubbering crying cause I have done this enough times, its never easy to say goodbye, although I am getting used to it. I had a nice 6 hour drive home that should have only taken 5 but hit some construction on the Hoover Dam and a rain storm in Kingman. I finally made it home, nice and tired and climbed into a quick hot bath then bed. My sis was nice enough to take baby "J's" night feeding so I could sleep. Speaking of "J" I am gone only a couple days and she is growing up so fast... she was attempting to roll back to front before I left and was very close but is officially doing it now and is doing a modified Army low crawl. She will be crawling in no time at all. She will squeal for you if you tickle her but today I officially got a real laugh out of her!! She turned 6 months on Sunday... time really does fly.
Today I had every intention of doing some Chemistry homework from class on missed on Thur and for class this Thur... but I got sucked into a good book and a nice long nap. So, tomorrow is homework and laundry (I did manage 2 loads tonight) I cant wait to get through this Thur night cause then I only have one more Thur night class meet after that and then I am done..... for 3 whole months. I am taking a semester off so that I can enjoy the Holidays for once, especially with the kiddos and also to get us moved since we have practically grown out of our house over night. Anxiously awaiting any word on the house we have an offer on, I really hope I hear something soon. I am packed and ready to go and starting to go a little stir crazy.... hopefully very soon!! So I am a to bed on time person now and better call it a day. Its been more relaxing than I had planned but tomorrow its seriousness no down time. I have to take this next year one day at a time and I will be ok.

*to tired tonight, but will try before bed tomorrow night to post a couple Vegas pictures!*

No comments:

Post a Comment