Tuesday, October 12, 2010

2 weeks come & gone...

I can not believe Shawn has been home for 2 weeks already. My stomach starts to turn when I really think about it. I wish I could keep him to myself for just a little bit longer, but the soldier and the soldiers wife in me knows better. Its time to start saying goodbye.

It has been a great 2 weeks but a very busy 2 weeks too. We managed to celebrate Halloween and this past Sunday we celebrated Thanksgiving. We had a total of 22 people over that I cooked a whole Thanksgiving meal for, family and some very close friends gathered around to send Shawn off with well wishes! It was "PERFECT" were the words Shawn used, as long as he liked it, it was a success then! We have had many appointments in the 2 weeks getting legal things in order for the just in case, as well as we met with an attorney and have officially started the adoption process for A becoming our legal daughter. Its all very exciting! Shawn is some how blessed with missing out on manual labor or any large extensive projects, he just signs his name on some paper and I can now adopt an 8 year old girl, as well as buy a 3,100 square foot house without him! This year I think will only be rougher in some aspects due to the fact that I have never been the one home... WITH KIDS. It is still so crazy to think that 6 months ago I only had a husband and 2 dogs to worry about. Sadly we lost Dinah and now it is just Fo, but I still have the hubby, plus a rabbit, some fish, a baby, an 8 year old, and a nanny... all we are missing now is the partridge in a pear tree.

We head for Vegas tomorrow for a small mini family vacation! Shawn, me and A, as well as my mom and her husband. We are going to enjoy the city, attend his going away ceremony for his unit and then the official goodbye for a year. Most soldiers get 2 weeks R & R in there tours but since he is the boss I keep in the back of my mind that it could not happen. So for 1 year I hold down the for while playing Mom and & Dad, being a soldier myself, attending college classes to get my Masters degree, run a non-profit organization and try very hard not to lose my mind. I say it over and over I am always up for a challenge, this may be the biggest one yet. So until November 2011 if I dont ever blog again it could be I have fallen off the face of the earth being over run with all that is my life. I know until November 2011 I wont fully feel like myself, Shawn and I complete each other, we are the only 2 people on the face of the earth that can stand each other... that means a lot!! (lol) So, friends and family if I forget to say it along the way I will say it now... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU ARE GOING TO DO THIS NEXT YEAR IN SUPPORT OF SHAWN AND I, WE APPRECIATE YOU!!!

*I am getting really excited for this adoption to be done so that we can share A with you all* (6 months max and the world will meet our daughter)

1 comment:

  1. You know that I am always here for you guys as much as I can be. As your "closest neighbor" as Shawn always says, I am usually a phone call/text message away from being at your door to help when and where I can. You and your family amaze me every day! I can't wait for the day that we can finally celebrate A being part of your family and in 1 year, your whole family being together again to celebrate even more! XOXO With all my love and support forever!

    ReplyDelete