Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What a day.

Sleep... who needs that? Well I do, I am one of those girls who needs at least 8 hours to be working at my full potential. I am learning however to operate with less... not that I really have a choice, when baby calls I move. Today J had her 4 month Dr. appointment and it went really well! She is 9 lbs and 14 oz the Dr said this is probably what her birth weight would have been if she had not been premature. Then they were so kind as to give her 4 shots today. Shawn and I have numbered her levels of crying and she officially peaked at a level 8 today and even turned purple she was soooooo upset. Last time she got shots she slept through the day almost, today she has dozed on and off with some whimpering/crying in between. No temp so thats always good. Laundry, cleaning, emails, phone calls, more emails and phone calls and that pretty much sums up my day. I have recently learned a really great parental trick... I bought J a stuffed animal, the dog Lady from Lady and the Tramp (Disney of course) its perfect for resting her bottle on. She can drink about half and in that time I can do a few things then come back to burp her then back to to do list while she finishes the rest. Its amazing genius!

A got her self grounded again tonight. We have had a couple good days then bam out of no where as usual. I ran out to mow the lawn because it looked like it was going to rain, when I was almost done A yelled my name and was holding my iphone out the back door. Shawn and I have talked to her more times than I can count about doing this same exact thing. She has never answered a phone in her life (except one time when she shouldn't have at my dad's) anyway I have explained to her that phones these days have caller ID and said caller ID will tell you when you have missed a call thus I do not need an 8 year old running with my expensive phone to find me when it rings or yelling my name loudly like the house is on fire for me to come to her to only tell me my phone was ringing. As soon as I looked at her holding my phone out the door and I simply said "grounded" she was pretty upset. I told her the next time she does it grounded again then maybe she will finally get it. I told her that my phone is not a toy and not cheap so if something happens to it, it will take  a years worth of her allowance to pay for it. In typical 8 year old fashion she was more focused on doing the math to figure the money out than the grounded part sinking in, well it will next time, I have no doubt there will be a next time. I told her to tuck her self in for the night... she used a zinger phrase, I told her good night I love you and she said "I don't feel like you love me" I replied with were not having that conversation... her goal was to get me to come talk to her and reassure her and coddle her... not happening. I thought about it later and I should have said I am sorry you feel that way, I will next time, again there will be a next time she is full of zinger lines... some times she pulls me in but I am really working on it. Kids these days. LOL!!

Well I have packing to do for VEGAS in the morning, holler! I am so excited for an adult weekend! Take care see you back her after we get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment