Friday, August 6, 2010

Props to all single parents out there!

Today was day one of single parenthood for me. Shawn is off in CA for the weekend playing Army and then to Vegas for a week or two for more Army time. A 17 year old, an 8 year old, and a 3 month old.... crazy is one of the first words that comes to mind. Tyler has actually been a really big help and I will be sad to see him go home on Sunday. Lucky for me school starts on Monday. I never understood why my parents got so excited for school to start every year... I get it 100% now and am counting down the hours. I have a huge to do list waiting for me and the 8 hours a day A is in school I plan on tackling it. I did the midnight feeding and the 4 am feeding last night and just did the midnight this evening. I am missing Shawn terribly if only for him to take one of those feedings. I have no idea how single parents do this. I love my sleep and function so much better on 8 hours, they say to sleep when the baby sleeps but laundry, etc does not do its self. I managed to take a 1 hour nap today but I still don't feel like my self, I feel more like a zombie. This 2 weeks is a trial run then later were doing a three week trial run before I become a single parent for a year. This is sure to be an adventure for me and I have a feeling I might be able to write a book after its all over... we will see if its comical, an advice book or who knows... we will find out in a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment