Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekend at Nanny's and back to school!

Shawn departed on Thursday night for Vegas (rough life right?) He rode his motorcycle and made it in 5 hours to then get in a van with other soldiers to drive 9 hours to CA for the weekend. He is now back in Vegas and will be for 2 weeks. I saw Tyler off, back to OR on Sunday morning. Was sad to see him go but glad we got to have him for a visit, he has grown up so much and is officially a Senior this year!

Saturday morning I woke up 45 minutes late. When my eyes finally adjusted and looked at the clock I flew out of bed and started waking up the troops to attempt to get out the door in a timely manner. By some miracle I managed to get a teenager, an 8 year old, a 3 month old, myself, and the dog.... up, out of bed, fed and packed for a weekend at Nanny's in a little over an hour. My sister was awesome enough to trek along with us. After an hour drive we arrived safe and sound to unpack and settle in for the weekend. We jumped right into a good old fashion fun time. My Mom, Sister, Tyler and myself played a good game of Scrabble Up Words it was a lot of fun. A played with toys and enjoyed some quite time, while little J took a nap. We all went and wondered around Walmart and ended up having some serious laughs. Tyler found this goopy stuff that makes farting noises and had himself rolling with laughter. He managed to find a second container of the stuff to give my sister who ended up crying she was laughing so hard. I tried to just ignore them but then, my mom said "wow did the pizza mess you guys up that bad" and A said "you guys smell" THEN I was laughing too. They actually thought the 2 were farting, sorry but I gave in and started laughing till I was crying. We went back to Nanny's where I cooked dinner for everyone, we sat at the table and enjoyed a nice family dinner with lots of conversation. After dinner it started raining and I became a little kid again. I asked A to come outside with me to watch the rain... once outside, I took A's hand and said lets run in the rain. So, we did. We ran down the street in our pj's, barefoot through big puddles in the rain, it was so fun we went inside and pulled Tyler, my sister and the dog out into the rain. IT WAS A BLAST! We spent the rest of the night watching Veggie Tales movies and coloring in coloring books... good OLD FASHION fun, who needs video games.

We saw Tyler off Sunday morning (boo), we made a pit stop at Starbucks on the way back to Nanny's, where I was so grateful to her to take J for a while so I could go back to sleep for a bit. Waking up at 11 am was an awesome feeling. We girls went to go see the movie Ramona and Beezuss (A read the book and was so excited) it was a great movie and so awesome to watch with my own kiddo. We did a little back to school shopping after the movie, then packed up to get back home.

Rough night last night with J, she has been cranky for 3 days straight. She woke up almost every hour on the hour last night... it was ROUGH. I ended up crying a little begging her to sleep longer than an hour. Shawn has been joking that she misses him. I finally took her to the doctor today and they said she looks fine... talk about frustrating. I am hoping tonight is better. On a more exciting note, A started 3rd grade today! She had the cutest first day of school outfit and she let me walk her all the way to her class holding her hand! (I think that means she thinks I am a cool mom, lol!) I had planned on starting on my to do list with a free 8 hours but I ended up taking J to the doctors, and my sister convinced me to go see Eclipse with her. It was a bearable Monday... Tomorrow is another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment