Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to reality...

So Vegas was a blast and I am so sad it came to an end Sunday night. We visited several amazing restaurants were I gorged myself with wonderful seafood... my favorite! We saw "O" Cirque show which was "Outstanding" and then we saw Phantom of the Opera which was a dream come true for me... absolutely perfect performance!! We visited Freemont street, Palms Playboy club, and of course on the way out of town we made a pit stop at the outlet malls. (I have officially been to 3 different Coach outlets in 3 different states just this year... I know I have a serious problem) We enjoyed our adult time, even if we did spend most of the time talking about the kids, but by Sunday we were ready to get home to the girls and the pets. We walked through the door and crept up on "A" which was pretty funny, she was excited to see us. My sister had the girls and had made us dinner (mac n cheese). It was 10pm by the time we managed to get into bed, after driving home and then being bombarded with everyday house & kids stuff, we sunk into bed. We barely had enough energy to kiss each other goodnight.

The dog slept with us (which he does off and on sometimes) he was so excited to see us when we got home that I fell for the big eyes when we were climbing into bed and I begged Shawn to let him sleep with us. Well I later ate those words. At 11:30 Fo (the dog) threw up on the comforter on the bed, so there we were at 11:30 at night cleaning up dog vomit and changing the bed sheets. I fall back into bed and 20 minutes later "J" woke up screaming for her bottle. I stumble out of bed and lay the changing pad we have for her on the bed to change her diaper. I failed to have the new diaper ready and waiting so when I pulled the old one off she proceeded to pee. She has become very wiggly lately and was basically taking a pee bath it was all the way up to her neck, I had to give her a wipe bath.  When I finally sat down to feed her I was thinking to myself this is like a really bad dream and I was hoping I would wake up. Then around midnight my little brother who lives in WA calls me and says "are you going to be home in 3 hours cause I will be at your house" wait, what? He had mentioned to me a week ago he was thinking about coming to visit but I never heard a word more, nor did I know he had even departed WA. I told him sure I would be up, I woke up about an hour later from a text from him, telling me he was tired and stopping to sleep for a bit.... I was seriously getting frustrated, was I not meant to sleep at all? Seriously the worst night ever. My brother ended up showing up at 6am at which point I had to make up a bed and tidy the hall bath for him. We currently have a king size bed and its about 500 feet off the ground and I have been complaining since "J" came to live with us that we need a new bed, a queen which is smaller and to set it up at normal height. I have back problems thanks to Uncle Sam so the getting in and out of a bed 500 feet off the ground 10 times a night does not make me a happy camper. So, we spent our first day home mattress shopping. I am now looking around the house thinking I should have been cleaning it all day and not out shopping. We have foster visits tomorrow and my house never truly made it to clean status before the vacation, so now I am pretty far behind. I did manage to get 4 loads of laundry done and we cleaned up and re arranged "A's" room so I cant complain to much. This week will be filled with appointments for the girls and a strict schedule of tackling the every growing to do list and honey do list. Wish us luck.

Will post some Vegas pictures tomorrow, its 9pm and I better attempt this bed thing in a different light tonight. Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment