Monday, August 30, 2010

Busy, busy, busy...

Things have been super busy here. My sister moved in this last week to be our live in nanny for the next year. Yes, a live in nanny, 2 kids is NO JOKE. We go from having no kids and nights of amazing 8 hours of sleep to.... an 8 year old who never stops talking, is always pushing/testing her boundaries, and always keeps us laughing PLUS a 4 month old who eats, poops and seems to rarely sleep which means we rarely sleep. The 2 weeks that Shawn was recently gone and I did the kid thing solo by the end I didnt even know my name or what year it was, I was seriously on auto pilot and didnt even feel human. With Shawn home this past week he has stepped in to take over the kid department in an attempt for me to relaxe but as sweet as it is, its just not realistic. I just now have un-inturrupted time to do laundry, cook, clean, go to school and repeat. I did manage the other night to take a bath, drink a glass of wine and read a book... sadly it only really lasted 20 min cause I couldnt keep my eyes open any longer. I am a very independant person and always up for a challenge but if I was wiped out after 2 weeks I had to be realistic with myself, there was no way I could make it a year without the end result being me locked in a padded room. So, we talked it over and offered my sister the live in nanny position... best decision ever! She has been such a big help and I am glad I admitted right away there was no way I could do this alone.

This brings me to the busy, busy, busy part last week was jam packed with appointments for the girls, Shawn, and me going to school. Even with 3 adults in the house and sharing the responsibility... I still feel like I live in my truck some times being a taxi driver. On top of that we have been playing tetris in the house. My sister took "J's" room so all that furniture was moved into our room and some into "A's" room then ofcourse we had to move my sisters in. We got a new bed, we down sized from king to queen for more room in our bedroom epecially since we now have a crib in there. "J" has grown out of the craddle and is now sleeping in the crib. As I blog I have 2 box spring mattresses in my hallway that need to make it out to the garage... the garage that still needs to be organized. All this before Shawn leaves in a week. I have to say I am doubtful but hopeful in getting it all done. He will be gone for the whole month of September, the same month that I am actually playing Army for 3 weeks Mon-Fri butt crack of dawn till late in the day. Just have to make it through September then things look up for a short while in October. Shawn will be home for the first half of October in which time we are planning a surprise trip to Disneyland for "A" (ok, and for me too :-)) as well as a trip to Vegas with "A" to see Shawn off. Then starts the 365 day count down (well 6 months then he gets 2 weeks of leave in which time we are meeting him in England to visit my extended family that lives there. An 8 year old and a baby on a 14 hour flight should be interesting... good thing the live in nanny is coming with us!) I am trying to look forward to the fun times but at the same time trying to take it one day at a time.

Side, totally of subject note, I hope everyone is fully aware that Christmas is only 117 days away. I started Christmas shopping about 3 weeks ago and officially am 25% done! I know, I know crazy right? Not really, every year I aim to try to be done by Thanksgiving, this year is no different but starting sooner than usually because we have so many things going on and my calendar is starting to bust at the seems. I will be gone part of Oct thru Nov for some Army training, "A" was upset about this cause I am missing Halloween but when I said "do you want me to miss Halloween or Christmas?" she didn't skip a beat with answering back "miss Halloween" shes totally our kid, very sensible!

This week is going to fly by, jam packed with more appointments and the task of trying to get the house back in order before Shawn leaves... it may be a while before I get on to blog again...

No comments:

Post a Comment