Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day 2010

Waking up every morning there are a slew of thoughts that go through my head. Today was to make sure I thanked the heros in my life because today was Veterans Day. My Husband and siblings are my heros, I have met many heros in my Army career and my life would not be the same without them. Thank you to all those who have served and sacrificed so much and those that are serving and sacrificing. My heart goes out to those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice. I have so many people who I have met that say "I could never do what you do, I couldn't leave my kids of my family." My kids and my family are WHY I leave. I would rather my daughter be told that her Mom died a hero willing to give her life for people she doesn't even know. I tell "A" all the time she is so lucky to be a young girl in school, many countries don't even let there girls go to school. I want her to know she can do anything she sets her mind to. Growing up with brothers for most of my life and several bachelor uncles I tend to want to do what the boys are doing. I swell with pride knowing that I can keep up with men at war its a great feeling. My hear truly bleeds red white and blue the girl in me gets very sappy at anything patriotic. "A" now has parents she can be super proud of and an Aunt and Uncles who are selfless beyond belief.
This year many more places were honoring Veterans and many events were planned. My sister took "A" to a Veterans Day parade, we were able to eat at Subway for free for lunch, and Applebees for free at dinner. It was a small nice gesture.

Today did take an unplanned turn. I have two widowed Grandma's and have had such for years. They are both getting up there in age and age has been kicking there butts. My Mom's Mom gave in today and departed this world at 1300. She was surrounded by family, she was un responsive after a while, but we are pretty certain she knew we were all there. I struggled with letting "A" into the room but she was such a big girl today, she was upset, she has formed a quick bond with my Nan her Great Grandmother. She was so brave though and held her hand and even kissed her goodbye. She had made a bracelet for GG as she called her and she insisted the bracelet stay on her. It was all so bitter sweet to see my daughter with my Grandmother and my Mom surrounded by family holding hands and supporting each other in a difficult time. The Chaplain came in to pray for and with my Nana and family, after he said Amen she took a few more breathes and left us. I know she is now with my Grandfather who she has missed so much for several years. My Nan was born and raised in England and met my Grandpa while he was there during World War II, she became a war bride and rode a ship with my Uncle as a baby to the states. She had my Mom and they lived in Pennsylvania for some time before moving to AZ and made this a permanent home. She was a stubborn very outspoken woman but she will be greatly missed. I am glad she is in a better place and without pain, in the arms of my Grandpa. Thank you Nan for being a awesome Grandma.


Rest in peace Emil and Joan Spacek we love you both...

No comments:

Post a Comment