Tuesday, November 9, 2010

3 days

Shawn got to come home this past Thursday for 3 whole days on a pass. It was a nice surprise. I knew he was supposed to come in Friday morning but he called me Thursday afternoon and said he was coming in that night!! I picked him up around 7:30PM and we went to pick up Krispy Kreme... Shawn woke "A" up Friday morning... she flew out of bed and said "How did you get here?" She was so surprised and excited, plus Shawn had brought her Krispy Kreme, so he was the hero of the day! It was nice to spend Friday together while "A" was in school. Saturday morning we went and got family photos done. Something I had been pushing for, I wanted "A" to have family photos to look at to solidify that we are her family now! She had a blast! Saturday night we stayed home and ordered pizza and snuggled in to watch newly purchased Toy Story 3 as a family, it was a perfect Saturday. Sunday we went to the state fair for a couple hours, "A" claims she had never been to one so she had an awesome time. On Sunday we also did a walk through for an inspection on our new home. The sellers bank has accepted our offer so we are moving forward, we hope to close beginning of December and will most likely be spending our 12 days of Christmas settling into our new home!! Sunday night was spent at home together but with a somber tone knowing Shawn had to leave Monday morning. Goodbyes are never easy, but Shawn & I have agreed that whenever the Army gives us time to go home we go home. Any minute or hour with family at home it worth its weight in gold. We are an Army Strong family and we will make it through this deployment!!

I have now turned back to our daily routine and preparation for a move, lots of paperwork to do and then packing. This week I am not in a huge rush though... I have drill this weekend and drill weekends are always rough... physically, mentally and they wreak havoc on my sleep. Thank goodness we have a Nanny, she is watching the girls, keeping up with house chores and making meals this weekend!! If you don't hear from me this weekend it is because I fell into the black hole of the Army (not a good or bad thing per say) Everyone enjoy your weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment