Tuesday, February 21, 2012

3 Day Weekend

Who doesn't love a day off? I do, always have! Some might say being a stay at home Mom everyday is a day off... not true. The girls keep me very busy and can't ever seem to be done with my chores especially now that we have a bigger house. Some times I feel like a dog chasing its tail. So, when Shawn has a day off I try to mix the to do list with a little down time if I can. Shawn is great at relaxing, what man isn't lol! This Presidents Day weekend we managed to relax and tackle a few things around the house. When Shawn is home I a bit more productive because I basically let him have Daddy duty while I do things like laundry which is what I managed to do this weekend. We went for a walk on Saturday as a family which was really nice. I am loving our double stroller, its awesome!


I still have about 2 more weeks before I can really start working out. I have never really enjoyed working out but have had to off & on in order to take my Army PT test when needed. I have 6 months to take and pass a PT test again and have told myself that I will take & pass the 1st attempt. So, I have a lot of work to do & I am anxious to get to it. The Army requires 60 points in each event and if I did that bare minimum I would need to: Do 20 push ups in 2 minutes, 46 sit ups in 2 minutes, and run 2 miles in 20 minutes. I have always tried to do more than the minimum to set a standard for myself, my fellow soldiers and my unit. Having to lose weight while preparing for a PT test will be a new challenge for me but I think I am up to it!! My Dr gave me the green light to start walking at my 4 week recovery mark. I started walking right at 4 weeks which was this past Friday. I walked for an hour and was sooooooo sore the rest of the day. It was a good sore though. Saturday we only walked for about 30 minutes. Before we became pregnant I weighed 127 pounds, my top weight while pregnant 181. Yes, thats right I gained 54 pounds. As of this morning the scale said I weigh 153, so I have lost 28 pounds in just 4 weeks. This is great number wise but the scale is not everything. The numbers are not everything. Muscle weighs more than fat so this needs to be factored in as well as I am not going for a certain number but to look good and feel good again. The Army does have a chart of age, sex & height as to what you should approximately weigh so I have to keep that in mind in this journey as well. The goal really is to be HEALTHY and not OVER weight. So I will share parts of my journey with everyone, I am not afraid to put it out there for everyone to read :-)

Little Miss Norah is now of course a month old. Doing Foster care and having raised 2 kids from birth thru that... I now think that each kiddo grows faster and faster. Its still amazing to see mile stones and I dont think I could ever get board of witnessing them! Both girls had Dr appointments on Monday and both girls are hitting all there miles stones on time if not a little early. The Dr was extremely happy with them both. D is now 24 pounds and will be coming off formula over the next few days transitioning to milk and more big girl foods. Shes been trying many of the things we eat but the Dr said its now time for her to eat what we are eating. She is such a big girl and I can hardly believe she is a year old now. I have enjoyed watching her grow this past year and cant wait to see how she blossoms over the next year. 

School started yesterday and has already been a challenge with the girls today, but I am bound and determined to make the two work with out either of them lacking. I always love a challenge so I will keep you posted on the full time Mom who is also a full time college student journey. Having 2 young ones I am sure I will have many stories to tell along the way.

Hope everyone enjoyed there 3 day weekend as much as we did. Any time together as a Family is always welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment