Thursday, February 16, 2012

Falling into a routine

     So, little Miss Norah will be 1 month old tomorrow. This past month has been a blur and I was just thinking last night that it seems like ages ago that I was pregnant not just 4 weeks. She is a really great Baby and is falling into a routine at a steady pace. Shawn will say she is difficult but this is only Baby #2 for him this is #3 for me in less than 3 years. My Baby skills are more polished than his. He has been wonderful though, coming home every day from work and taking over the task of the girls so I can get a mini break if only it means I make dinner and can finally do the dishes. He wakes them up and gets all 3 of us girls moving in the morning lol! I am not exactly what you would call a morning person but I have become more of one with kids, kinda don't have a choice.

     This past Monday Miss D turned ONE... I cant believe it. She is growing so fast right before my eyes. A year ago I got a phone call asking if I wanted a Newborn Baby girl and for a moment I almost said no. Thank goodness I said yes because I couldn't imagine my life with out her. She is one amazing little girl, whom I grow more and more in love with everyday. We are hoping all goes well and she is officially and Adams by Summer time. That means we will have gone from a family of 2 to 4 in just 1 year!! I feel so blessed, I find myself staring at the girls thinking I must be dreaming.

     Shawn is back at work after 3 weeks of helping out with Norah and my recovery. He was reluctant at first he enjoyed his days in pajamas lounging around, but now that he's back in the classroom he couldn't be happier. I went thru the process to become an official volunteer for him and was going in to help him out regularly until Norah came. Last Friday was the 1st time going into his classroom to help with 2 kids. I go when school has released for the day of course. I felt like I was moving in. I had to bring the playpen to keep D contained and toys for her, bottles galore for both it was pretty comical but it went well. We got a lot accomplished. Not sure if I will go back to doing it weekly but I will still go, I have to Shawn's not that creative so when he has creative projects to get done he calls in the reinforcements lol.

     Besides the Girls growing up right before our eyes, there hasn't been a whole lot going on. Shawn loves work, I am enjoying being a stay at home Mom and all that entails. Starting on the 20th I am going back to school for a second BA degree. I applied to ASU for a MA in Non Profit before the Holidays and was not accepted due to a lower GPA. So I am going back to Wayland where I got my BA in Criminal Justice. I will take enough classes at minimum to bring up my GPA but might possibly go all the way as to obtain a 2nd BA degree, this time in Christian Ministries. Thank goodness Uncle Sam foots the bill, & it helps that they pay me to go to school as well. Getting paid to be a college student is something I never dreamed of, super grateful! Going to give School a good 3 weeks to integrate it into our schedule then around mid March we will be starting Emergency Receiving & Respite for Foster Care. Its an on call last minute kind of status but short term too. I am still fumbling with what I want to be when I grow up but Shawn & I have decided that there is no rush and if I start a civilian career at the age of 35 for 20 years I can still retire at the age of 55. So for the next 5 years I enjoy my kids, keep going to school to keep my brain active as well as to interact with adults lol, and we wait and see what God has in store for Me/Us. I am excited for the journey ahead.

     We splurged and had Newborn pictures taken of Norah, as well as Family and 1 year old pictures for D. I can only show pictures of Norah on here but am anxious for when we can share cute D's face with the world. So here are a few of my favorites from the Newborn session...

This one has special meaning, Norah is asleep in my Grandma Rahn's old suitcase. A suitcase she had for ages. It still saddens Me that she passed away in October and just missed meeting Norah. But this picture makes me happy in a special way.

Norah Patience Adams

Our own little Miss America!


Wrapped in the same flag we used in our Maternity pictures, it was wrapped around my belly!

Happy in Daddy's arms.

Hope everyone enjoys there Presidents Day weekend. We will its a 3 day for Shawn so we are going to stay at home and enjoy some family time!





No comments:

Post a Comment