Thursday, February 2, 2012

The miracle of life

Its been crazy busy since my last post. A HUGE change in our life... Baby Adams is finally here! Norah Patience Adams born January 20, 2012 at 8:52 pm 7 lbs 14 ounces and she is PERFECT! Her due date was projected as January 20th. Thursday, January 19th at about 7 pm we sat down to watch a movie, just prior I had been complaining that I was "so ready to have this Baby" and "what is she waiting for". The house was SO organized it wasn't even funny we had gone as far as cleaned out/organized/labeled the inside of our pantry & refrigerator. I even said "shes going to catch us off guard", that she certainly did. At 8 pm my water broke unexpectedly and we were off to the hospital. I wasnt completely sure it was my water so Shawn kept saying were coming back home and thought putting the bags in the truck was silly. Well, it wasn't silly, they admitted us right away and I was in labor for 24 hours 52 minutes. When we got there I was so excited, anxious and scared thinking this is it were really having a Baby. I was not prepared to be in labor for so long. I had wanted to go med free for the whole thing... after 9 hours no meds and only dilating 4 cm I knew I had to fold and get an epidural or I would be out of energy to push later and would probably have to have a c section. Shawn says the epidural was the best thing ever since we didn't have to go to the bathroom all the time for me to puke. I ended up having some serious back pain with the epidural, they had to flip me "like a burger" every 45 min to try and ease the pain. At 22 hours I was told that I could push, I was also told that the Baby was sideways and there was a large possibility I wouldn't be able to push her out, I am stubborn and wanted to try anyway. 2 hours of pushing and she didn't budge, we had to have a c section after all. At that point I was starving, tired and beyond ready to meet my daughter that I was not upset I just wanted to move forward. We had 4 names picked for Baby Adams and we planned on meeting her first before picking. When I heard her cry Norah stood out in my head, as I was rolled back into our room I heard the Dr yell Norah down the hall, the photographer said she liked Norah... but when Shawn handed her to me for the first time a Norah Jones song came on Pandora that was playing on my cell... it was fait, Norah it was!

We stayed in the hospital from Thursday night until Monday morning. Going home was a welcome relief and has been a surreal experience. I have done the bring a new Baby home before with the Foster kids so there wasn't any real stress attached. The first night was bad, Baby needed to adjust to the new environment, but since then its been almost smooth sailing. She is well on her way to sleeping thru the night, right now she's up about every 3 hours eating tons! She's  blessing to watch sleep and grow already. After a very long four years of trying she is finally here and we could not be happier or feel more blessed. We have so much to be thankful for. A week before Norah's arrival we were given the good news that we can adopt our Foster daughter, we couldn't be happier.

Enjoy some of our labor/delivery photos...






This journey has been a long one but well worth the Patience... Norah Patience Adams.

The week before her arrival I did many projects around the house... need to take pictures of them all and share, pretty impressed with myself as to how they came out and how much I got done. I am finding the key to a stress free life with kids is organization. If everything has a place then its more likely we will put things away and it makes things easier/quicker to find. More on this later...





No comments:

Post a Comment