Monday, April 2, 2012

April already

Hello April. I swear each year seems to speed by faster than the last. Looking back on last year... this same time we found out we were pregnant, to then find out we had miscarried, but by Mothers Day were pregnant again. Now I have the most beautiful, healthy baby girl I could have ever hoped for. She is perfect, I may be a bit biased. We celebrated D's 1st Easter last year, now its Norah's turn and D's 1st as a big sister. I feel so blessed and try desperately every day to take a moment to focus on all that is good in our lives and enjoyed those gifts. I actually realized last night laying in bed that I had falling behind in blogging, just slightly thank goodness. I am really enjoying blogging our weeks with photos, I am certain it will help me soon when I finally am able to jump back into scrapbooking I wont have to rack my brain to remember what we were up to. I cant wait to start on the girls books!!

So, last weekend we had a reunion bbq at our house. Our friends Alaina and JD were in town with there new little baby girl. Alaina and I have been friends for a long time since highschool cheer and dancing days. He husband was the youth pastor at our Church and Shawn & I would volunteer with youth. They moved to Oregon and we hadnt seen them for a while. So, we had as many of the youth kids we could round up (who are not exactly youth any more, many are now in college) so that we could all hang out, everyone could meet the babies and the babies could meet each other. We had a really great time!



I had to jet away from the festivities for choir practice for Easter. But when I got home I found my hubby and one of the youth girls (Emily :-) ) had cleaned up! I decided to go run a couple errands and took D with me for some Mommy Daughter time... pre sickness of course. We went to Target, Ross, Barnes and Noble and Walmart. She loved the books... takes after Mommy!

We got home to find this:
A very common occurrence in our house.


Our week was MOSTLY un-eventful. Biggest thing being miss Norah turned 2 months old already. I managed to squeeze in a mini photo session with her. It was a lot of fun. I used my Nans dresser which is WAY older than me. I made Norah a onsie too, that says it all. For a while when faced with having to decide if we were going to do IVF or not, I was hesitant because of the $ factor. Not because we couldnt afford it but because I felt guilty that we could do so much good with that kind of money. But I finally decided we had to try knowing we had tried everything we could. It was worth it!!









Then the continual challenge of trying to find a good chunk of quiet time to be able to get my homework/studying done. Lastly, the suckiest part being when we got our new foster kiddo they brought him to us sick. He was so kind to give pink eye and a cold to D. She has had mostly high spirits through this all. She has only ever been sick once before she had a small cold when she was 9 months old. I cant help but feel a little guilty that its my fault for letting a sick kid into our home. But, him being sick by no means was his fault, so we make it work. He is better. Passed a well check up and got 3 shots with only a pouty lip, super tough guy. Then I started the process of de germing. Lucky for me my Mom had 3 half days and my sister was free too. They helped watch the kids & clean all the toys that they had played with, with hot bleach water. What a big task, so glad its done and super grateful for the help. I am happy to report that D is well on the mend and we successfully kept it from reaching Norah. Shawn and I also managed to escape it!

Little Norah was oblivious to all the action. She stuck with her normal , sleep & play routine.
She is becoming more and more interactive. It never loses its appeal either. I have been blessed enough to raise 2 other babies, Shawn missed a lot of there 1st but is catching Norah's. Its so fun to watch.


This weekend was nice, I am always bummed when they come to an end cause during the week we dont see much of Shawn. The kids love spending time with him. Even if he does get rough and someone ends up getting hurt lol. Friday my awesome friend Stephanie came over and chopped my hair! She lives in California but visits family through out the year, and when she is in town she comes and does my hair. She rocks it every time. I havent gotten a picture of it yet so next blog. Friday night I was able to get out of the house kid free for a little while. My Step Mom came with me to Daniella Jay Boutique for an Origami Owl party. I got the most amazing necklace ever that I am so in love with!! I also scored an adorable hair band for Norah by Royal Bowtique.



It looks gold in the picture a bit, but its silver. I love the necklace so much that I am hosting a party on April 22nd. They were missing a few charms I wanted when I went so now I will get them a little cheaper. I got an "A" for Adams, a heart that says "Family," the word "Love," two heart birthstones for the girls, and a "Key" clip on charm. I hope to get a round birthstone for Shawn, a clip on pearl charm for my birthstone and an infinity charm. It will then represent my life!! I LOVE IT!!

Saturday we spent the morning as a family, lounging around a bit. Shawn ran up to church to get a box of produce for $10 from market on the move. I now have 50 lbs of produce to use up. We munched on some seedless cucumbers yesterday and I made fajitas for dinner with bell peppers. D got a miniature wagon for her 1st Birthday from my Mom & Sister, she loves pulling her dolls around the house. Well I put Norah in it and let D pull her around, she was a bit heavy and needed help. But Daddy took a shot at it, so cute.


Saturday afternoon was a long and slightly rough day. We lost an Army buddy to a motorcycle accident. He will be greatly missed and our hearts go out to his family during this difficult time. We were brave and took Norah with us, she slept thru the whole thing, even the gun salute. She was great.
Sunday we slept in a little, had breakfast all together, streamed some Frank Sinatra and The Andrews Sisters thru our apple tv from my cell through the whole house. We all got showered and dressed for church. C did great for his first time in nursery. We kept D with us this time since shes just getting over being sick. Norah stays with us every Sunday anyway. After church we went to Babies R Us to get a new baby gate, my Mom recently broke ours. We of course could not leave with just a gate... darn consumer marketing for making cute kid things lol! Grabbed some lunch and back up to church for me to make choir practice. Shawn stayed in the car with the two older kids and they took naps while Norah came with me. She loves music, she used to dance all the time when I was prego. She dozed on and off during practice and got passed around for holding. I am so grateful she is so well behaved.


Now its Monday. Shawn back to work this morning, me home with the kids. Monday's I try to do all the chores I can stomach so that I dont have to worry about them the rest of the week. I just have to worry about keeping up with the kids and my homework. Hope everyone else had a decent weekend and has a great week ahead waiting for them. 







No comments:

Post a Comment