Friday, March 23, 2012

Time does not stand still in this house

Time does not stand still in this house. We are always on the go either just around the house after the little ones or actually on the go running errands, playing Army, hanging out with friends, the list goes on. The only time we rest is bed time, which every day can never come soon enough, lol!

This past week has been some what of a blur. Last blog I really enjoyed sharing our week with everyone in photos so I tried it again this week. Friday we enjoyed a lovely lunch date with our dear friend Andrea and my cousin who is in town from England. We then went to Cabela's to show D there giant fish tank.

We were informed that we are able to move on in the adoption process, we can not wait until its final. I plan on flooding the world with pictures of this adorable girl that has stolen our hearts!

Saturday was a pretty relaxed day, we stayed at home as a family doing this & that and just relaxing. Always a wonderful Saturday when there is nothing on the calendar! We went for a really long walk with my Dad & Step Mom D cant get enough of "Papa" which is what she called both of them cause she cant say Grandma. She gets extremely overwhelmed with excitement whenever they come over its so cute to see. It was Saint Patrick's Day, so Norah got to wear an adorable outfit we got from Shawn's Aunt & cousin.


Sunday was church. Sometimes Drill or the kids prevent us from going, not this Sunday. Norah actually woke up a bit earlier than usual so we went to the 9 am service instead of 10:30. It was kind of nice I felt like I still had a lot of day left when we got home instead of feeling like its 1/2 over. All week I had been looking forward to going to my friend Tabetha's for a candle party... until my Husband decided he needed to go do some work in his classroom & told me I had to take the Girls with me. I don't dread going out with my kids but would love a mini break every once in a while lol! What Mom doesn't. Luckily D is live entertainment and steals everyones hearts so she had plenty of people to hold her and give her attention. Norah slept thru most of it. It was a cloudy rainy day in AZ. Snapped a photo on the way to Tabetha's and then on the way home.

Giant rain clouds!

A FULL rainbow! I couldn't get it all in 1 shot.

Monday was my typical chores at home stayin pjs all day kind of day! While the rest of the world dreads Mondays I love them! I think the kids do too, laying around in pjs all day!


Tuesday I took the Girls for a run. I am LOVING my BOB stroller it is so awesome! I bundled up the Girls cause it was slightly chilly Tuesday morning, I crank up Pandora on my iphone and were off. Ran for a 1/2 hour felt sore when I got home but a good sore. The Girls apparently were worn out from the run too, which was good cause they take a power nap every morning for 45 min - 1 hour. We got back just in time for them to sleep it was perfect, I was able to take a shower undisturbed!!
 Tuesday, Miss Norah turned 2 months old. The time seems to be flying by, but we are enjoying every minute of it! Here is her Dr trip in pictures and videos.


Loving the paper on the table, she would actually get fussy if I picked her up she liked the paper so much, lol!

Top left is in the waiting room. Top right & lower left is waiting for the Dr. Lower right is Dr gave us a thumbs up now were waiting for shots.

Warning: the video is sad so be careful. I had to document the shot reaction for Shawn he wanted to see it. She took it like a champ because she stopped crying as they were putting Band-Aids on then zonked right out.
Shots during & after

shots video
She did really well when we got home too, she pretty much just slept the shots off. Not really fussy and no temp at all. Such a tough Girl!

Wednesday was just a typical day. Our morning routine is pretty much the same I try not to vary if I can help it. All the parenting classes we have taken for Foster Care and my weird obsession with reading Parenting books. Kids thrive off of structure and my kids know the schedule and behave accordingly, it makes my life so much easier and puts us all at ease 95% of the time. Since Shawn isnt here during the day during the week if I ever leave him at home with the kids he would just kinda do whatever which is fine but when hes calling and asking why 1 or more of the kids is fussy... So, I typed out the kids schedules by the hour so he or a babysitter/Grandparents can follow it. Its been really great. No more calls from Shawn while I am out. I have conceded that I am OCD about a lot of things but it works for us and the kids so for now we stick with my anal retentiveness lol!! 

Fo is becoming more and more tolerant of the kids. He still has his old fart moments where he just wants to be left alone. But this was a super sweet moment I was able to capture!

The Girls LOVE each other already. Norah is constantly looking at D watching her closely and cooing at her. D is obsessed with kissing her, helping burp her and today even wiped her mouth with the burp rag. Its utterly adorable to watch these two. We are hoping they grow up to be best friends!

Wednesday night I went out to dinner with my Step Mom for company (My Dad was out of town & Shawn had to work late) and she cant get enough of the Girls. 

Getting ready to go to dinner with Grandma. D seriously gives Norah a kiss at least once every 15 min.

While we were at dinner I got a call asking to take a 2 year old little boy. This was the 5th call in 5 days, we had turned down the others because of my cousin visiting. But we went ahead and said ok to this guy. He was dropped off late Wednesday night. He is adorable, smart, kinda shy but very well behaved. He's struggling a little with nap time and bed time but each time is getting a little easier. I say give him a week and he will be adjusted. We found out he has an 8 mo. old brother so we are trying to get him too, he's currently at another Foster home. Hopefully they will bring him here this weekend and the boys can be together and the 2 year old might feel a little more settled with his brother here. Will keep you posted. Yes, we may seem crazy but if the Dugar's can do it well then so can we and we are giving a good home to kids who are victims and desperately need a safe, loving home. 

Yesterday, My childhood friend Laura was brave enough to watch all 3 of our kids with her own daughter here at our home while I went to volunteer at Shawns field day. She did great, the kids had fun and were all tired after a long play date. Field day was fun, I got sunburned and almost lost my voice and today my allergies are now kicking my butt :-)

Squeezed in a little snugging time before I went to field day.

Zonked after her play date!

I came home with an awesome sunburn, this picture does it no justice. In person its just about as red as the shirt I am wearing. 

Its finally Friday and were hanging out in our pjs good way to end the week. Norah is asleep in her swing, D is at the tail end of her power nap and the little guy is watching Cat In The Hat cartoon on PBS. Which allowed me to blog and have a cup of coffee I cant ask for more. Hopefully later my Sister will come over while the kids are napping and be here to respond if they stir so I can tackle some serious homework. We are anxious to see our friends Alaina & JD this weekend who are in town and had a baby Girl 4 months ago. Alaina & I went to High School together and its going to be so cool for our Girls to meet!! Hope everyone enjoys the weekend ahead.














No comments:

Post a Comment