Monday, April 30, 2012

Regular week, busy weekend

This past week was pretty regular. Mondays Shawn stays late after work for Teacher training. I use Mondays as a clean up from the weekend and prep for the week day. Like today... I have been chasing my tail with laundry, I have cleaned up the kitchen, caught up on dishes, and just a few minutes ago cleaned my baseboards. If that is all I get done today, I am happy with saying its a productive day. I set small goals for each day as well as weekly goals and if I get close to them then I am happy. I usually set them low so that I feel successful every day/week.

Last week was just Preschool Tue, Thur, and Fri drop off and pick up. No extra appointments so that was nice. Fridays are supposed to be a great feeling, but once a month for Shawn and I both we dread one. Mine was this last Friday. Drill weekend. Dont get me wrong I love the Army.... it has given me so much... a loving husband, a chance to see the world, two college degrees, a wonderful home, and a beautiful daughter. Without the Army I would have non of that. The Army however can be trying sometimes, the way its run, the people who are in it, the LONG days... you get the picture. I know these things exist in the civilian world but they are very much magnified with the Army. I have to continually keep my eye on the price... GUARANTEED RETIREMENT. Sometimes I have to pinch myself... I only work 2-3 days a month get paid for them and after 20 years of doing that I will earn full retirement!! I honestly dont know why more Moms arent doing it. People ask me how can I leave my kids to deploy... easy, me deploying = my children dont live in an oppressed, poverty stricken country where they go to sleep listening to gun fire, because of what I do along with my fellow soldiers. Plain and simple. I do love the Army, its a love/hate relationship at times, but mostly I love it. Its given me so much to be grateful for and then some. If I have inspired any of you stay at home Moms.... goarmy.com

Ok, so drill weekend was crazy and long. My unit actually deployed this morning, it was bitter sweet to say goodbye, I wish them safe travels, fun, and a safe return to there families. For the next year they will be in my prayers. While they are gone all those that did not go with will fall under a new unit... a year of adventures. I am hoping for some big things to come out of this next year to set me up for success and happiness in my next 10 years. I cant believe sometimes I have been in for 10 years, time flies. Shawn had all 3 kids for most of the weekend, and I hate to admit it cause I know it will only boost his ego that needs no further boosting, trust me. But he rocked it with the kids, he only had 1 temper tantrum while C the 2 year old had 5 in 2 days. He is just as stubborn as me sometimes lol! We really only differ slightly with tiny things with the kids, usually cause he is trying to cut corners whenever he can. But hes a great Dad and works hard to run the house and kids as well as I do everyday! This coming weekend its his turn to play soldier and I will have the kids 3 days sun up to sun down on my own. Yippy (insert sarcasm) I do think we are well over due for some adult time... we would both gladly take that to be a grocery shopping trip TOGETHER and KID FREE lol!

The girls continue to grow right in front of our eyes. Just last night we gave D a pillow in her crib to start prepping her for a big girl bed. She LOVED it and stayed on it all night. Usually she is all over the place in her sleep, not last night. Shes getting to be such a big girl. She spent the night on Saturday night at my Dad and Step Moms and my Step Mom told me that she caught her in her play pen with her piglet stuffed animal... burping it, giving it her empty bottle and wrapping him with her blanket, saying baby baba. Shes such a sponge lol! I am excited and blessed to be her Mom and see her grow in life. Norah turned 3 months on April 20th and I finally took a few pictures of her when she was 3 months and almost a week. She laughed for the 1st time, Shawn and I both were there to experience it! She can hold her bottle for a few seconds on her own and is trying for longer. We call her our little drama queen. Shawn says she gets it from me but sometimes I not so sure lol! She gets almost distraught when we take her bottle out to burp her, but its so forced and faked at times that its comical and we cant help but laugh at her.

Hope everyone enjoyed there weekends. According to the calendar we have a decently regular week ahead. I picked up a 4th kiddo last night that we are watching for 5 days for another Foster Mom. So now its C who's 2, D who is 1, S (temp new guy) who is 6 months, & Norah who is 3 months. Honestly adding a 4th has been a breeze we work really hard to get the new kids onto the girls schedule in as short a time as possible. Right now the house is silent... all 4 kids are napping!! We have talked about having 6 or more, so far we havnt thought we cant. Lets see what the future holds.

Enjoy some pictures from this past week.




3 months!

We go for walks a lot at night at different times and different places. This night was at the city park. the 2 big kids were in the double BOB but wanted to get out and walk with Daddy for a bit. Who was wearing Norah in baby carrier. This was a kodak moment I couldnt miss. 


Norah laughing

Holding her bottle like a big girl, only for a few seconds but she insists on holding it when we feed her. Should be no time at all that shes holding it herself for the whole feeding.

Nice full belly, sleepy snugs with Mommy while watching Awake on NBC.


Drama Queen, while Daddy burps her. She can only have 30ml at a time then needs to burp or she will just puke it all up. Well, she wants to just chug the whole bottle and gets upset when its time to burp lol!

Here are two from last week that I forgot to post:
A little Daddy time. Each night Shawn spends a few minutes with each kiddo before putting them to bed. Norah, LOVES her Daddy!

Caught her sucking her thumb! Just like Mommy used to when she was little :-)










No comments:

Post a Comment