Wednesday, September 7, 2011

4 weeks

So today marks only 4 more weeks to go until the wonderful moment I get to run into my hubbies arms. I am so anxious and excited more than any other deployment, its been a really long year full of so many challenges. As I soldier I know some of the briefings you get upon returning home and many times they talk about your spouse has been running the show and has become self sufficient so dont be surprised if its hard to integrate...  NOT this spouse. I will be nice and give him a few days off but I am ready and waiting to hand over the reins! I think this giant house will finally feel more like home with him in it and us living out our daily schedules together. We are very anxious to start living the family life. Dont get me wrong we have had a great time the past 8 years just the two of us, we have really gotten to know each other more than most couples before having kids. Not to mention the Foster Parenting... I dont think a couple could be more ready for a baby than we are right now. Its still sinking in that we are having a baby, a baby girl at that a dream come true for both of us!! I just have to get thru this home stretch... I know that the days will continue to tick on by but I would love to just snap my fingers and be standing all dressed up waiting to jump into his arms. Well, ok I dont know if this go round I will be jumping the belly might get in the way, but I sure will throwing my arms around him! I am excited to spend a few days in Vegas too as a mini vacation before jumping back into life together again. A lot of couples struggle with the separation of deployment and I am not down playing it, it sucks but Shawn and I use it as a chance to appreciate each other all over again the separation actually makes us love each other all over again. When you get home for us its been almost like a honey moon all over again. We joke after a year or more of being home that its time for one of us to deploy again cause by then we start to irritate each other, with love of course. So far Shawn has never been the spouse left at home deff not the the single parent left at home, I have been hoping this could happen soon so he can experience this end of a deployment. Being a soldier and being a deployed soldier I very much respect and understand that part of the experience, just need the shoe on the other foot for him! Im sure he will handle it fine hes very good at balancing and planning but he would just understand my thoughts and emotions from being on this end more. I have great respect for military families who have endured these multiple deployments and am happy to hear that they will soon die down and hopefully the families can get back to some semblance of normal. I light a candle every Sunday for all soldier's who are deployed the the loved ones the have left at home. 4 more weeks seems like forever away but right around the corner too, I cant wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment