Thursday, August 23, 2012

GOODBYE SUMMER HELLO SCHOOL YEAR

  I sure hope everyone enjoyed the summer?! I know here in the Adams household we sure did, and we are sad that it has come to a close. I stopped blogging during the summer so that we could spend quality family time with each other as much as possible. My last post was the end of May and here it is almost the end of August already... time fly's.

Shawn and I had to play Army a few times this summer, but were able to enjoy swimming in our pool and were fortunate enough to take two trips to Disneyland with Malia and Norah. The 1st trip was so special, that 1st time walking down main street with not 1 but 2 beautiful daughters... Shawn and I both were choked up. There was a time when we thought we didnt want kids, and another time that we thought were never going to be able to have any kids. God has plans we dont even know about and they show up when you least expect them. I cant thank him enough for the blessings in our lives, I look at our girls in awe on a daily basis. Sometimes I have to pinch myself that I am there Mom and get to watch them grow up to be strong, independent, successful, wonderful women. I am honored to be there Mom. Malia is a serious Daddy's girl and Norah is an extreme Mamma's girl. We love them dearly.

Disneyland in June and again in July was the highlight of our summer. In between Shawn and I played Army, we enjoyed the pool as a family and just tried to relax and spend real quality time together. In July we had 5 different foster kids come in/out of our home, it was pretty crazy, but we are here to fill our 3 available beds whenever we can. We have settled down in that aspect and currently have a 2 year old little girl "D", Malia who I cant believe is 1 1/2 already, Norah who just turned 7 months, and we have a baby boy "J" who is 6 weeks old. They keep us very busy. Malia is our little evil kin evil and talks up a storm now, Norah perfected the Army crawl over the summer and just started crawling and is well on her way to perfecting that too she may be running before her 1st birthday. We have only had D for about a month so she is still feeling us out and finding her place here, over all shes a good kid and so far exhibits normal 2 year old behavior, she loves to swim and is learning to tolerate Malia who can be a bit pushy at times. Malia and Norah together are a hoot to watch, they love each other something crazy already which warms my heart if one crys the other crys with while trying to comfort, on long car rides they always hold hands and they get so excited to see each other every morning or when I pick up Malia from preschool... they truly have a special bond already!!

Shawn is back to work... working 50 + hour weeks already, boooo.... but he does love his job which makes us both happy. I spent 12 hours the week before school started decorating his room... he has NO creative vision lol! It was fun he gave me creative freedom and I like the end result. We took the kids in a couple of those days setting up his classroom... that was an adventure lol! Like I said they keep us busy. Hes teaching 5th grade this year so he has a few students from his 4th grade class last year, the students love him and he inspires them. He is still the commander of a small unit in Vegas and once a month has to travel there for a drill weekend. So, poor guy, once a month has to work 12 days straight... but he loves both jobs so all I can do is encourage and support him and try to hold it together at home when he is not here.

I am done with school for a while. I took a class over the summer and it didnt go very well... guess it helps when you do ALL the homework lol! I have never been the best student but some how I managed to get my BA and this summer I realized school was sucking up time that Id rather spend with my family. So pursuing my MA is on hold until Malia and Norah are in school so at the soonest 3 years back to school for me, at the latest 4 years. I finally realized there is no huge rush to get a career rolling if I start one at 35 I would be 55 and able to retire... thats still young as long as I keep in shape. I sometimes forget that I have 10 years in the Army and am half way to a retirement anyway. I am just thankful that I am able to stay at home with our girls & at the same time able to do something to help make this world a better place by doing foster care. We have 3 different friends who are getting there foster licenses and its just an awesome thing to see, more people stepping up to fill in a void. The latest numbers came out and there are 13,000 foster kids in the system and only 3,000 foster homes. AZ is hurting for more foster homes. We received a court date for our adoption to FINALLY be legal and permanent... Maila will officially be ours on October 3rd at 8:30 am. We can not wait to close that chapter and move forward to the next.

I will now shower you all with some pictures from over the summer (cant wait until the adoption is finale because will can finally post pictures of Malia! I look forward to the next several months enjoying the holidays with our 2 girls and whatever foster kids we have during that time we cant thank our friends and family enough for supporting us on this journey and being so loving and supportive to the kids too, THANK YOU!! Stay tuned for regular blog posts again :-)

We walked down Main Street, thru the castle and when Malia saw the carousel she said "oooooo" so we hopped right on as our 1st ride... she cried almost the whole time lol! But Norah loved it!


Malia LOVED the parades, she would cry when they were over.

Norah sporting some Minnie ears!
Malia's favorite ride was Its a Small World. Our 1st trip Grandma & Grandpa Rahn came with us!
Shawn was a gracious Dad and stood in line for a half hour so that the Girls could meet Cinderella, Snow White and Ariel. They LOVED it as you can tell from Norah's little face. PRICELESS!! Malia loved Snow Whites red lips, lol.

Our 2nd trip was just as fun as the first. My Mom made custom Disney outfits for the girls this time, they loved them!
Aunt Trista came with us on the 2nd trip after hearing about how much fun the girls where on the 1st trip she wanted to experience it, they loved having her!
   
Of course we had to ride Its a Small World and catch the parades again, and again, and AGAIN!!
Caught this awesome shot of Norah watching the parade from the comfort of Aunt Trista's lap, so cute!

This girl LOVES to dance... Trip 1 to the left dancing in the street to the New Orleans band (sporting a tutu made by Mommy) they threw her beads and she loved it. Trip 2 to the right, dancing in the street again to the Five and Dime band. (sporting princess pants made by Nanny) Our 2nd trip she was dancing in the street on day 3 and the Disney photo pass photographers could not stop taking pictures of her, they caught some really cute ones... cant wait to share!

 
These two are too cute for words. She looks like her Daddy, shes also ALWAYS happy like Daddy :-)

One of my favorite things about my girls... how much they love each other. They hold hands whenever we are in the truck. I <3 both="both" p="p" them="them">

*(Stay tuned for another blog filled with some non Disney random summer pics.)*















No comments:

Post a Comment