Friday, May 18, 2012

What a week

Its been such a whirl wind of events.
Here is a run down of last week... Monday we got our 3rd foster kiddo, a 4 day old baby boy. I received 3 calls that day asking us to take 3 different baby boys. They like to try and keep the kids in neighboring zip codes if they can so we didnt get the 1st two but got the 3rd one. Shawn asked me why the heck I said yes to a newborn, they are to much work. I told him cant be picky and when the 3 calls I got were all for babies. I hate telling them no. We are licensed for 3 and have 3. As soon as D's adoption goes thru she wont count any more because she will legally be ours... I CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL THAT DAY. We are being told Aug/Sept so thats right around the corner. Apparently adoption cases slow down during the summer because judges are on vacation so they take a little longer. We have all the time in the world but it will be so re assuring when she is ours legally forever!! Anyway the new little guy is not time consuming, hes a week old now and I already have him on every 4 hours schedule. Last night he only woke up once. During the day he sleeps, he wakes I change his diaper and feed him and he goes back to sleep... pretty easy. Its the interruption of sleep that kills us. We keep arguing who it affects more but were dead locked. Shawn has to juggle 30 4th graders all day and I have to juggle 4 kids under the age of 3. We BOTH fall into bed every night. The other night we were soooooo deliriously tired we couldn't stop laughing at the DUMBEST things ever we had a serious case of the giggles. So delirious that Shawn even said "this is better than sex" you know he was tired, lol, what man says that?
4 day old baby meant we had to play bed shuffle. D moved into a twin mattress on the floor in her room, Norah into the crib, and the new little guy into the cradle.

D getting into her big girl bed for the 1st time. Daddy and I took turns sleeping with her until she fell asleep for the 1st few nights. Now we only stay a few minutes and let her cry the rest out. Last night she only cried for maybe 15 min. Shes adjusting pretty well.

Norah loves the crib, she sleeps soundly every night. She sleeps just like Daddy... you could have a marching band come thru our room and neither one would wake up, lol.


Tuesday was a pretty regular calm day. But Wednesday was the bomb in the middle of my week. Some things changed with C's case that I had to re arrange the kids preschool schedule so they now go on Wednesdays. This was there 1st Wednesday. I dropped them off, grabbed a small mocha frappe from Mc Donalds, went home to sit with Norah (my sister hung out with the babies so I didnt have to load/unload 4 kids) for 10 min. Then I got a phone call from C's preschool saying he had blisters on his mouth, that I needed to come get him cause there was an outbreak of hand, foot & mouth disease recently. Ok, 1st I thought he licks his lips a ton and gets red irritated around his mouth thats probably all it was. Then I thought what the heck a disease... that I had never heard of in my life, it sounded grouse, he better not have it. So, I went to pick him up and yes he had blisters around and in his mouth. Awesome I thought. Luckily, I was taking the new baby, M to the dr for a well check so I called them back and they were gracious enough to squeeze in C too.  I went ahead and chanced leaving D at preschool, besides she was on the playground, I had walked right past her and she didnt even see me, she was having the time of her little 1 year old life, it was so stinking adorable. Dr visit went well for M, hes healthy and fine. C however did have the virus, which has no medicine to help it and highly contagious to babies.... um awesome, NOT. I took him home stripped him down to a diaper, quarantined him in his room with some toys & a portable dvd player and then got to work de germing the house. They said its passed by touch.... well that narrows it down. I was dusting, vacuuming, bleach water washing toys, scrubbing bathrooms on my hands and knees. Thank goodness my sister was over. Granted she was over because I was supposed to do a homework athon that day... didnt happen. Shawn brought home dinner from Mc Donalds and I called my Mom for back up reinforcements! That was by far one of the longest days ever. Thur was spent playing catch up and wrapping up all the cleaning as well as diving into TONS of laundry. I am a slight germ afobe you could say. More precautionary, 1 sick kid is one sick kid to many.

This was Norah on Wednesday during all the madness, thank goodness. We are truly blessed to have such beautiful, well behaved girls!


I really can not wait until Summer I know I sound like a broken record but I dont know how much longer I can keep running like a machine. Summer means my team mate of a husband will be home and we can go thru the days together. Its always more fun when hes around anyway.

Mothers Day weekend was awesome I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. It feels so sureal that we have gone from 2 to 4 for sure as a family and who knows what the future holds but this Mothers Day 4 kids were in the house. Friday night my Dad & Step Mom are took the girls (Norah's 1st sleepover) Shawn watched the boys while I wrapped up the last of my homework (whoo hoo!)  Saturday I had a full schedule of errands; drop/pick up suburban for an over due oil change, lunch and fabric shopping with my Mom, pick up the girls, then home for a well deserved/needed nap followed by some swimming. Sunday I was briefly interviewed at church about being a foster Mom. Our licensing company was present and we had several families sign up as being interested in becoming a foster family it was worth it! Currently there are 12,000 foster kids in the AZ system and only 3,000 foster homes. May is foster awareness month. So, if you know a foster family, give them a giant hug and tell them thanks for having such big hearts. It surely takes, patience and a big heart to do this. I love it and dont see us throwing in the towel any time soon.

This week one minute it was Monday and now here we are at Friday already. I have been dreading this weekend all week... drill. My unit is deployed now and there are 18 redhead step children left and we are being thrown into another unit which will mean a 1 hour commute each way for me instead of 30 minutes. I am not looking forward to the drive at all. I will be working on finding a new more permanent unit instead. Shawn will be home with all 4 kids. Sometimes I wish we had cameras in the house so I could see what his days are like and he could totally see what mine are like, lol!

This is pretty much the kind of mood Norah is in every day. She wakes up grinning from ear to ear at Shawn and I every morning (she gets that from Daddy)

D wearing my swim hat (she put it on) and cleaning the tub with her washcloth lol, this girl cracks me up daily. I LOVE HER!

C was at a visit yesterday and the babies were sleeping so D and I sat down to color together... I colored, she spread the crayons all over the front room.

Enjoy your weekend everyone... this is what I wish I was going to be doing!








No comments:

Post a Comment